While reflecting on Valentine’s Day, I came across this quote which I believe is relevant as we decide on ways to keep in touch with our loved ones amid the coronavirus pandemic.
“There is only one happiness in the life: to love and be loved.”
All over the world, people are struggling to deal with the stress of the coronavirus pandemic, and social distancing measures and stay-at-home orders have made it difficult to show your family you love them. Well, here are a few simple acts of love and kindness that you can do to bring cheer to your loved ones.
- Make that telephone call – hearing your voice on the other end of the line can make the world of a difference.
- Send a sweet treat - bake a cake or make jam from the abundance of seasonal fruits or purchase that delectable chocolate.
- Pack a box of essentials for easy meals and have it delivered to their home.
- Cook a fancy dinner for your household (bring out dinnerware)
- Pack a self-care package with a foot scrub and nail polish. Send it to family members that you can’t be with for an at-home pedicure.
- Send them flowers.
- Have a virtual games night.
This list is not exhaustive and you can be creative in doing so much more. So despite our circumstances, remember to show love to your family and friends and enjoy being alive to be loved.
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!