AERODROME AND APPROACH CONTROL DIPLOMA PROGRAMME 2019/2020
(AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL TRAINING)
The Trinidad & Tobago Civil Aviation Training Centre will be conducting its Aerodrome and Approach Control Training Programme 2019/2020. As a result, the Saint Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA) is facilitating access to that programme for suitably qualified applicants. Also note that the Training Programme and all accompanying costs are to be funded by the applicant.
Therefore, applications are invited from suitably qualified nationals of Saint Lucia to pursue an Aerodrome and Approach Control Diploma Programme to be conducted by the Trinidad and Tobago Civil Aviation Training Centre, Caroni North Bank Road, Piarco, Trinidad and Tobago.
Employment at one of Saint Lucia’s Airports will be offered to selected candidates on condition that they have successfully completed the programme in Trinidad & Tobago and upon return to Saint Lucia, On-the-Job Training and Validation Check at one of Saint Lucia’s airports.
This course covers topics such as Aerodromes, Air Traffic Services, Navigation, Rules of the Air, Telecommunications, Meteorology, Theory of Flight, and Practical Simulation of Aerodrome and Approach Air Traffic Control.
- The online component of the programme commences on 29th July 2019
- Face to Face Classes commence on 2nd October 2019 until 27th March 2020, at the Trinidad and Tobago Civil Aviation Training Centre, Caroni North Bank Road, Piarco, Trinidad & Tobago.
- Classes are full time, Mondays to Fridays 8:30am to 4:00pm
To provide participants with the knowledge and skills of the International Civil Aviation Organisation’s Standards and Recommended Practices for the control of traffic on and in the vicinity of the Aerodrome and in the Approach Control Zone. It prepares candidates to accept On the Job Training in Aerodrome Control Towers and Approach Control Units towards Ratings in the functions of those units.
- Applicants must be a minimum nineteen (19) years of age
- Five (5) CSEC of GCE O’Level subjects, Grades I, II and III which must include English Language and Mathematics. (Preference would be given to those applicants who were successful at CSEC Geography and have CAPE or GCE A’ Level qualifications or higher)
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills with clear, fluent speech and demonstrate ability to use the English Language.
- Be computer literate.
- Administrative Requirements:
Applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Copies of Academic Certificates
- Copies of two (2) forms of National Identification
- Copy of Birth Certificate
Note: All originals are to be validated.
- Aptitude Test:
Applicants who meet the requirements will be subjected to an Aptitude test. Successful applicants with the highest scores in the Aptitude Test will be shortlisted.
- Tuition Fee:
The fee of Ten Thousand United States Dollars (US$10,000.00).
- Meals, Accommodation and Transportation:
Successful candidates will need to make provision for accommodation, meals and transportation during their stay in Trinidad & Tobago.
Completed application forms together with ALL supporting documents are to be emailed to email@example.com
The deadline for receipt of application is Wednesday 19th June 2019. Late and unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a Class III Aviation Medical Certificate (To be paid by SLASPA) before the commencement of the Training programme.